5 Advantages of Travelling Solo
Updated: May 13, 2020
“As you travel solo, being totally responsible for yourself, it’s inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are!”-Unknown
I really believe that everyone should travel solo at least once in your life. It doesn't have to be some magical, long backpacking adventure (unless this is what you're into); it can be a simple weekend road trip away! We often spend too much time waiting on other people instead of living our lives. From my experience, I've learned:
1. Solo travel pushes boundaries. When placed in a new unknown situation, you're probably going to be uncomfortable at first. However, with time you will expand beyond your comfort zone and that is where you grow! By traveling alone, you're no longer insulated by friends or family members, you are fully immersed in something new.
2. Solo travel opens up your schedule. If you're by yourself you're only accountable to you and can move on your own time and schedule! No need to wait for anyone or double check your plans with someone. You are the captain of your ship and you can turn your sails as you please.
3. Solo travel gives you space to reflect. I love traveling solo to have time to just think, breathe and assess my thoughts and feelings. I learn a lot about myself with every solo adventure I take and often come back feeling motivated to face life's challenges.
4. Solo travel forces you to rely on yourself. For some people, this is your opportunity to break free from your typical routine and expectations, as you only have you to depend on. You're responsible for every aspect of your travel and day. There's nobody to tell you what to do, where to go or how to behave. You decide it all!
5. Solo travel opens up possibilities. For some peIf you're traveling alone, you get to decide where you're going and what you will be doing. This is often hard to do in group travel since you have to accommodate everyone's emotions and taste. However, if you travel alone, you can choose to rent a 5 star hotel in Barcelona, stay in a bungalow in the Amazon or take a rail vacation to Yosemite. The possibilities are endless!
So do yourself a favor and consider booking a solo vacation! You can plan as much or as little as you like and choose your own adventure. If you've traveled solo before, feel free to leave a comment about your experience and if you're interested in solo travel, book your trip now!